Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Introducing STFL - the Six to Four Layer

It's been a long time since I last posted my ramblings on a simple way to allow legacy IPv4 services to serve IPv6 clients, but at last I have something to show for it! After playing around a bit more with my Python "proof of concept" code, I realized that while the idea was sound, implimenting it in Python may not be the best solution. The main problem I had was with the Python global interpreter lock. Even though I'd written the code using threads, it would not scale under heavy load. So, I decided to chip the layers of rust off my C skills. The result is the STFL project. It's functional, but needs polish and a bit of effort to get it working all the major Unix flavours. Currently it's only fully functional (and tested) on Linux and OpenBSD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home